Help for Common Questions:
How do I post an ad?
You can post a free ad at any time by simply clicking the “Post an Ad” link at the top of any page.
Who will see my ad?
lakeslist.com is used throughout the United States. If you post your ad in a particular city, the ad will be visible to everyone browsing the city level. However, if you do not specify a city the ad will only be visible to people browsing on the country level. Your ads will get more visibility if you specify your city during the ad posting process.
I have not received any replies to my ad, am I doing something wrong?
If you have not received any replies to your ad it does not mean you did something wrong. It is not unusual for it to take some time before someone responds to your ad.
How do I edit my ad?
You can edit your ad by logging in to your account and going to the ”Manage page
How do I delete my ad?
You can delete your ad by logging in to your account and going to the ”Manage Page”
Is it free to post ads?
Yes. lakeslist.com is 100% free. You can post ads, browse ads, and respond to ads all for free. There are no fees or commissions. You are welcome to post an ad for free at any time.
How do I stay safe using lakeslist.com?
We encourage our users to only deal with people that are local and that you can meet in person. Never wire funds and never give out personal information (i.e. social security number, bank account number).
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
• that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
• that is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct including but not limited to (i) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex, or (ii) bestiality, or (iii) masturbation, or (iv) sadistic or masochistic abuse, or (v) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person;
• that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
• that violates the Fair Housing Act by stating, in any notice or ad for the sale or rental of any dwelling, a discriminatory preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (or violates any state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of these or other characteristics);
• that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
• with respect to employers that employ four or more employees, that violates the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including requiring U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency (green card status) as a condition for employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.
• that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Lake’s List employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.);
• that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
• that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or constitutes “bait and switch”;
• that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
• that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
• that constitutes, facilitates, or contains any form of advertising, offers, or solicitation if: posted in areas of The Lake’s List which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to The Lake’s List users who have not indicated in writing that it is ok to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
• that includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as allowed in “services”;
• that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law.
If your question is not answered above, please contact us